July 22, 2020
Meditation is a powerful tool to bring peace and serenity within oneself! All the successful people in the world advocate this subtle practice. Numerous studies and theory have proved that meditation is a testament to success and happiness. All life coaches or scholars and Gurus have given subsequent evidence that shows psychological advantages as well as overall well being of an individual through meditation. Meditation helps relieve stress, anxiety and depression and improves our concentration, uplift our mood and enhance vitality.
Meditation is not just good for the old and the wise but apparently more important for students who are young and lively. It is a lifestyle boon that makes life less complex and more worth cherishing! Meditation is being mindful. Doing one thing at a time with full concentration can also be assumed as being mindful or meditative. When a potter is making a pot he is fully concentrating in his potter wheel and process. When a musician is creating a tune, or a painter painting a portrait; they just focus on the work and enjoy the process. So meditation is no instant magic formula but it is a sure way of being pleasant, peaceful and going with the flow. When you are fully focused on any particular thing, you lose sense of time and are in a state of flow. This state of flow gives you tremendous energy to keep moving forward in life and fulfil your dreams!
HOW TO MEDITATE: SIMPLE MEDITATION TIPS FOR BEGINNERS
1. Sit comfortably with your back erect. You can take a cushion if required.
2. Close your eyes and sit in a quiet place or corner where you won’t be disturbed for a minimum 20 minutes.
3. Focus your attention on the breath and on how the body moves with each inhalation and exhalation. Notice the movement of your body as you breathe. Observe your chest, shoulders, rib cage, and belly. Simply focus your attention on your breath without controlling its pace or intensity. If your mind wanders, return your focus back to your breath.
4. Try to be regular in practicing meditation. Initially try it for 5 minutes then you can proceed for a longer period of time.
5. If necessary try to take help of a known person or teacher who knows the meditative techniques and can guide you.